This pasta dish includes a creamy sauce made using Gorgonzola cheese for a rich and flavorful meal.
Eat a salad for lunch and make this rich and creamy dish for Sunday dinner! Pasta with sausage, spinach and creamy Gorgonzola makes a flavorful meal that isn’t as heavy as it seems. We used low-fat milk and Greek-style yogurt paired with the Gorgonzola cheese to thicken things up. Combining the sausage and spinach in this creamy dish is a nice touch.
Pasta with sausage, spinach and creamy Gorgonzola recipe
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 large, Italian-style sausage links, grilled
- 2 cups dried small pasta, like orecchiette or penne, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups (packed) fresh spinach leaves
- Grill the sausage links until they’re cooked through. Slice the links into 1/4-inch rounds, cover to keep them warm and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- As the pasta cooks, add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the flour and stir with a whisk to incorporate the two, for just about a minute.
- Slowly add the milk to the butter and flour mixture, whisking, then add the yogurt and black pepper.
- Stirring constantly with a whisk, bring the mixture to a boil to let it thicken, then immediately turn the heat to low.
- Add the Gorgonzola to the milk mixture and stir until it is melted.
- Drain the pasta then place it back into its pan. Add the spinach to the pasta and mix it for several turns. The spinach should wilt from the heat of the pasta.
- Add the pasta and spinach to the sauce, along with the sliced sausage.
- Mix well to incorporate and serve warm.
Strike it rich for Sunday dinner!