Fresh Greek islands pastry
Take your taste buds to the Mediterranean with this fresh Greek islands-inspired recipe. Puff pastry is the base, then baked and topped with a creamy feta spread, a variety of local vegetables and finished with a hint of lemon zest. This is perfect as a starter for a fun gathering or as a light dinner.
This is one delicious way to use puff pastry. Puff pastry is very light, flaky and delicate, which is why we love it in this dish. Once baked, it creates an airy texture perfect for a light topping. Don't like feta? No problem. You can use almost anything such as a garlic aioli or even your favorite ranch dressing.
Fresh Greek islands pastry recipe
Lightly adapted from the pampered chef
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the puff pastry as directed on the package. Once baked remove and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, feta, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and chopped spinach mixing well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled puff pastry. Top with the remaining ingredients and garnish with fresh herbs. Cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately.