Avocado ice cream? Yes, you heard that right. Creamy avocado and bright citrusy lime are a perfect match in this creamy frozen treat.
Go green for dessert
You’ll want to make a permanent space on the counter for your ice cream maker when you taste this unique avocado dessert — one bite, and you’ll be hooked.
Avocado ice cream recipe
- 3 small to medium avocados
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Remove the pits and scoop the flesh from the avocados.
- In a blender, combine the avocado, lime juice, milk, sugar and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add the heavy cream and pulse quickly, until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and run according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to freezer to set.