Bluth approved Arrested Development recipes
I'm afraid that I just blue myself... with excitement over the May 26 premiere of Arrested Development on Netflix! Celebrate the return of those one-liners from the Bluth family and Tobias by whipping up this menu that includes corn ballers and a frozen banana!
From blue man cupcakes to Lucille's morning cocktail, this menu is perfect for any Arrested Development party. Just watch out for hop-ons, because you're going to get some hop-ons.
Unlike the real corn baller, which is illegal everywhere (except in Mexico), these baked corn balls won't give you a third degree burn.
Yields about 12 mini corn balls
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, creamed corn, brown sugar and corn muffin mix. Stir to combine.
- Fill each mini muffin cavity about 2/3 full with mix. Bake for about 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
Lucille's lemon & cucumber vodka tonic
"Get me a vodka rocks...and a piece of toast." Harness your inner Lucille with this citrusy take on her favorite vodka tonic.
Serves about 4.
- 8 ounces vodka
- 8 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1-1/2 large lemons)
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Two splashes of tonic water
- Mix the vodka, lemon juice and cucumber slices in a chilled martini mixer with ice, shake well. Pour mixture into a chilled glass filled with ice and top with tonic water, stir with a spoon.
- Garnish with thin slices of lemon and cucumber.
Blue Man Funfetti cupcakes
It's totally OK to blue yourself prematurely once you bite into one of these Blue Man Funfetti cupcakes!
Yields 14 cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Blue cupcake frosting (we used this)
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy. Add egg whites, one at a time, and beat after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the sprinkles carefully.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until brown. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, top with blue frosting and blue sprinkles.
Bluth original frozen banana
"There's always money in the banana stand!" End your meal with a Bluth original frozen banana, stolen from Annyong's grandfather's recipe.
- 3 bananas, cut in half
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about one minute, stopping at 30 second intervals to stir. Add oil and mix.
- Stick a Popsicle stick into the middle of the bananas. Dip into the chocolate, covering the entire banana. Cover liberally with walnuts and place on a wire cooling rack. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until set.