Got invited to a last-minute Memorial Day barbecue? Instead of boring ol’ peach cobbler, why not bring one of these unique cobblers instead? From pineapple to plum, these definitely will win you some brownie points with your friends (and in-laws).
These fresh fruity cobblers will add some much needed variety to your summertime menu and are just as easy to make as the traditional favorites.
Pineapple cobbler with honey recipe
Serves about 8
Slightly adapted from My Recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2/3 stick melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Liberally grease a baking dish (we used 8 x 8-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir the flour, sugar, honey, vanilla, baking powder, dash of salt and light cream together until combined. Gradually add butter and mix until sticky. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Top cobbler dough with pineapple chunks. Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until cobbler is golden brown and pineapple has sunk to the bottom. Let cool slightly, then serve warm with ice cream.
Blueberry cobbler cups recipe
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease three small ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the Bisquick, milk, butter, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Mix the blueberries and lemon juice together.
- Press the batter into the ramekins. Top with blueberries. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden.
Roasted plum cobbler parfait recipe
- 4 black plums, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled shortcake
- About 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the plum halves with honey, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix up until covered. Place plums cut side down in the baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until soft. Let cool slightly then cut into slices.
- In four Mason jars, layer 1/3 cup shortcake. Top with 1/4 cup whipped cream. Immediately top with warm plum slices and a bit more crumbled shortcake. Serve immediately.