Why settle for plain lemon juice, sugar and water?
When life gives you lemons, don’t settle for plain lemonade! Try these four simple variations of old-fashioned lemonade.
Add some bubbles and sparkle by using club soda instead of water in your traditional lemonade recipe.
Adding strawberry syrup to your lemonade is the perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors.
Yields 1 pitcher
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries (pureed)
- 5 cups water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring pureed strawberries, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour strawberry syrup into a pitcher. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
Add an equal amount of your favorite tea to lemonade for a refreshing summertime sip.
Lemonade beer cocktail
Give your lemonade a creative “spike” by combining lemonade concentrate, vodka, lemon-flavored beer and club soda.
Yields 48 ounces
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle lemon-flavored beer
- 12 ounces club soda
- 12 ounces vodka
- Gently stir all ingredients together in a large pitcher. Serve over ice.