When the temperatures are above 90 degrees, the last thing we want to do is cook anything in a hot kitchen. Avoid the oven, stovetop and even the grill this sticky summer and whip up one of these low-cal, healthy, no-cook fish recipes instead!
When you’re going to be living in your two-piece, you definitely want to avoid anything that’ll give you an extra jiggle. These no-cook fish recipes aren’t just easy to make, they are super low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb and still delicious! You’ll stay thin and cool while still eating something you love.
Smoked salmon pasta salad
Serves about 4 (Mayonnaise makes about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
For the horseradish mayonnaise:
- 5 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Dash of salt
- To make the mayonnaise, place the egg yolk in a food processor. Pulse on low and add Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar. Let pulse until yolk is bright yellow and frothy. Gradually add the oil, one drip at a time, until mixture thickens up.
- Stir together the macaroni noodles, pepper and chopped cilantro. Top the salad with flaked salmon. Stir in the mayo and mix to combine.
Fresh shrimp wrap with Green Goddess dressing
Serves 2 (Dressing makes one cup)
- 1 large flatbread wrap
- 2/3 cup cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup lettuce greens
- 4 slices tomato, cut in half (total 8 half slices)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 medium avocado, seeded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, pulse all of the ingredients on low in a food processor until creamy.
- To make the wrap, place lettuce over the flatbread. Top with tomato slices, shrimp and cheese. Add dressing (about 3 tablespoons) and roll up into a tight wrap. Cut in half and enjoy!
Crab & artichoke salad
Serves about 2
For the salad:
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 5 ounces crabmeat
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, chopped
- About 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- Separate kale into two bowls. Top each bowl with 2-1/2 ounces crabmeat, 1/2 the tomatoes, one small pepper, 3-1/2 ounces artichokes and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour over salads and enjoy!