You can’t have summer without watermelon, are we right? To stay even cooler on those super hot days, we’ve turned our favorite refreshing fruit into a chilly frozen dessert with these watermelon-inspired frozen ice cream pops!
Made with two kinds of ice cream, chocolate chips and Dixie cups, these are affordable and super easy to make. Since they do take quite a while to freeze and harden, we recommend making them a few days before your big summer party.
Frozen and creamy watermelon pops recipe
Yields about 12 pops
- 12 Dixie cups
- 1 pint watermelon ice cream
- 1 pint lime sherbet
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Let the watermelon ice cream soften a bit, then stir in chocolate chips. Scoop mixture into Dixie cups and fill about 3/4 full.
- Freeze for about 2-3 hours or until firm but not frozen. Let lime sherbet soften a bit and spread it over the watermelon ice cream. Stick a Popsicle stick into the pops and let freeze overnight or until firm. Remove from freezer.
- Decorate with additional chocolate chips and enjoy!