Don’t you love it when you have something chocolaty on the table in the morning? No worries, it’s actually healthy oatmeal flavored with chocolate goodness!
Pamper yourself with a little bit of chocolate in the morning. Put it together with your regular oatmeal, then top it with caramelized bananas. Sounds good doesn’t it?
Chocolate oatmeal and caramelized bananas recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on the kind of chocolate to be used)
- 1 tablespoon honey, agave, sugar or any sweetener (or more to adjust the sweetness)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate chips
- Over high heat in a medium saucepan, bring water, oats and a pinch of salt to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, lower the fire to medium. Add the cocoa powder and the sweetener. Cook until oats are cooked through, about 8 minutes. Adjust the sweetness of the oatmeal.
- In another small saucepan over medium heat, melt the sugar and water until they reach a syrupy consistency. Add sliced bananas and coat them with the syrup, about 1 minute.
- Add the rum and cook until the alcohol has evaporated. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Serve oatmeal in bowls. Top with the caramelized bananas and chocolate chips.
More oatmeal recipes
Oatmeal brulee recipe
Slow-cooker apricot oatmeal while-you-sleep recipe
Apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe