Feel like an Aussie when you sip on a shandy — the classic cocktail made with beer and lemonade.
Australian-style happy hour
After a long, hot day, this refreshing lemony cocktail hits the spot with just the right amount of sweetness and tang.
Shandy recipe (lemonade and beer cocktail)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 3/4 cup water (or sparkling water for more fizz)
- 3/4 cup beer
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a tall glass, combine the lemon juice, sugar and water. Stir to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice, then pour the beer over the lemon mixture and stir gently to combine. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.