Shredded veggie summer slaw
Want a super modernized slaw recipe? Fresh veggies are shredded and marinated in your favorite salad dressing to create this fun fresh and raw recipe. This is a wonderful recipe not only to use as a slaw but as a side dish and even as a salad.
Sometimes side dishes and salads can get boring especially when you're low on ideas on how to prepare them. Here we used a simple kitchen tool called a julienne peeler to "shred" the veggies in this dish. Don't be turned off by the raw ingredients in this recipe. The dressing helps give it a lot of flavor, and you won't even realize you're eating a plate of raw veggies or that this is completely vegan. This is also a great idea to take along on a picnic, and it doubles as a salad or a side dish.
Shredded veggie summer slaw recipe
- 2 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 ear fresh corn with kernels removed
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic or Italian-style salad dressing
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients. Toss very well and chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes (this helps the flavors blend).
- When ready to serve toss again mixing the ingredients well. Add to plates and garnish with extra parsley if desired.