Soba noodles (Asian buckwheat noodles) get tossed with a spicy soy-citrus sauce and paired with ginger-scallion seared scallops for a deliciously addicting Asian noodle bowl!
Spice things up tonight by serving this super flavorful soba noodle dish with pan-seared sea scallops!
Ginger-scallion scallops with soy-citrus soba noodles
- 4 cups cooked soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, white and light green parts chopped, green tops cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal sauce, heaping
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- Combine soy sauce, chopped green onion, orange juice, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, sambal sauce and 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a shallow baking dish. Add scallops to dish and marinate 6 minutes flipping halfway.
- Heat remaining tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reserving the marinade, add scallops to pan and saute 1 minute on each side. Remove scallops from pan.
- Place remaining marinade in pan and bring to a boil. Add the bean sprouts to the pan and return scallops to pan and cook 1 minute. Remove scallops from the pan, pour sauce and bean sprouts over the noodles and toss very well to coat. Place the scallops and green onion ribbons on top and serve with additional sambal sauce on the side.