What’s better on a 90 degree day than a cold, chilled glass of sangria? Forget the regular recipes though and add some variety to your summer recipes with these unique, refreshing and delightful sangria recipes!
These crisp and refreshing cocktails are the perfect beach and pool drink. Simply add ice and sip your way to pure bliss. To make these even chillier, add more ice and blend for a lovely frozen treat!
Lemon, pear & beer sangria
Serves about 4
Recipe inspired by Food & Wine.
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemonade
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 2 (12 ounce) cans of beer
- In a large pitcher, mix the pear nectar, lemonade and Cointreau. Stir to combine. Slowly pour the beer into the pitcher and stir to mix.
- Fill pilsner glasses 1/4 full with ice. Fill 3/4 full with sangria. Add sliced pears. Garnish with a lemon.
Fresh cantaloupe sangria
Serves about 4
- 4 cups fresh cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 bottle chilled white wine
- Place the cantaloupe and sugar in a blender. Pulse on low until you get a slightly thick puree.
- Mix the cantaloupe puree, wine and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Pour into glasses and garnish with more melon.
Rose, moscato and mixed berry sangria
Yields about 8 cups
- 1/2 bottle chilled rose
- 1/2 bottle moscato
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 pear, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup sweet fruit wine (we used blueberry)
- 3/4 cup diet cranberry juice
- Seltzer water (for a fizzy look)
- In a large pitcher, place the blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and pear slices. Pour rose, cranberry juice, moscato and blueberry wine over it. Stir in honey.
- Serve in Mason jars with ice and top with a dash of seltzer water.