A couple of dried herbs and lemon are the main things you need to create a tasty chicken and potato dish for a festive dinner. The whole family will love it!
Chicken and potatoes are common on dinner tables, and there are so many ways to cook them. Everyone has one recipe to please a crowd. Try this simple recipe and enjoy how the lemon, garlic and herbs work together to give you a delicious meal.
Lemon herb chicken and potatoes recipe
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling on the chicken)
- Black pepper
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak the chicken thighs in milk for 15 minutes. Drain the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the milk.
- In a small bowl, mix the oregano, salt, lemon juice, tarragon, olive oil and black pepper. Rub the chicken with the herb mixture.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and place potatoes around the chicken. Drizzle chicken and potatoes with extra-virgin olive oil on top.
- Position the chicken in the middle rack and bake for one hour or until it is cooked through.