Chickpeas, pepper and chorizo side dish
The ever-healthy chickpeas go together with a splash of Spanish, including a blend of chorizo and peppers!
Did you know that chickpeas are one of the oldest legumes at 7,500 years old? Not only are they ancient, but they are also very nutritious as they are rich in protein and fiber. And good news for those with cholesterol problems: They are low in fat and cholesterol.
Chickpeas, pepper and chorizo side dish recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces chorizo, diced
- 12 ounces chickpeas
- 7 ounces bottled roasted red peppers, drained
- Black pepper
- Fresh sage leaves
- Over medium heat in a saucepan, saute the chorizo in extra-virgin olive oil until crispy.
- Add the chickpeas and roasted red peppers. Saute mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the sage leaves.