Skip the chips and serve a fun appetizer in a cucumber! This is a great way to get that taste you love with a fraction of the calories. Feel free to make it your own and replace the dip with your favorite hummus or guacamole.
I started making these years ago after seeing cucumber cups on Iron Chef. I’m a little embarrassed at the amount of time it took me to figure out how to make these little gems because it couldn’t be easier. All you need is a melon baller.
Cucumber cups with skinny artichoke dip
- 4 long English cumbers
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (fat free for lower calorie)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (plus additional to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumbers, cut into 1-inch sections.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out most of the middle, leaving a good portion of the walls and bottom intact.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Fill cucumber cups with dip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.