Avocados are filled with nutrients. This time they are stuffed with tons of fresh vegetables, panko breadcrumbs and a little bit of fresh shredded cheese. It’s a perfect meatless breakfast.
Avocados are packed full of nutrition and a perfect addition to your morning or lunch menu. We simply packed these avocados with fresh vegetables, but you could always add meat if you are craving the extra protein.
Stuffed and baked avocado recipe
Yields 4 avocado halves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh vegetables (we used tomato and garlic)
- 4 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut avocados in half and remove the seed. Add 1 tablespoon filling per avocado half. Depending on the size of your avocados, you may have to add a little more or less.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese, a little panko breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper.
- Broil on high for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the avocado is warm.