Crispy Parmesan baked green bean fries
Fries don't have to be made from potatoes or fried in oil. These green bean fries are coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan and baked till they're crispy. They are perfect plain or served with creamy Ranch dressing.
Sometimes you are looking for a snack or side dish that will replace something not so healthy. Maybe you are looking to cut out carbs or working on finding a replacement for potato chips. These crispy baked green bean fries are perfect! Fresh green beans misted with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs. What's not to love?
Baked green bean fries recipe
- 2 pound green beans, stems removed and cut in half
- Olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup Italian blend breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out green beans on prepared baking sheet. Gently mist with olive oil and stir to make sure all sides are covered in oil. You do not want a lot of oil sitting on the pan. Just a gentle mist to bring flavor and help the breading stick to the beans.
- Spread out beans so they are in one layer. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the crumb/cheese mixture over the beans.
- Put in oven and cook for about 15 minutes until the beans are tender and the topping is browned. If you want the topping really crunchy and brown, you can also put the tray under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Enjoy plain or with a dipping sauce.