Meatless Monday: Apple and cheddar quesadillas with honey mustard spread
Quesadillas are so simple to make, but sometimes you want more than cheese alone. This tasty quesadilla recipe will freshen up things just a bit!
Cheese quesadillas can be a beautiful thing, especially when you need something to eat, fast. But you can add more to the mix! This Meatless Monday recipe for apple and cheddar quesadillas with honey mustard spread is not too far off the beaten path, but it includes a few added items to make this dish even more delightful!
Apple and cheddar quesadillas with honey mustard spread
For the spread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the quesadillas
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the apple into about 14 slices.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the honey mustard spread over 2 of the tortillas and set them aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to a saute pan over medium heat. When hot, place 1 tortilla in the pan, spread side up.
- Working quickly, place 3 slices of cheese on the tortilla followed by 7 slices of the apple.
- Allow the tortilla to cook for a few minutes, then place 1 of the remaining tortillas (without the spread) on top. Cook for a few more minutes until the bottom tortilla begins to brown.
- Carefully flip over the quesadilla to allow the other side to brown.
- Once both sides are browned and the cheese is melted, remove the quesadilla from the pan. Slice it into quarters.
- Carefully wipe out the pan with a damp paper towel. Add the remaining butter to the pan and repeat the above process with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.
Make this quesadilla your new go-to meal!