Kids and adults go crazy for this quick-and-easy ham and cheese puff pastry stromboli! Sneak in some cooked chopped broccoli to make it a more complete meal!
This simple ham and cheese puff pastry stromboli is delicious served warm or at room temperature. To reheat, wrap the stromboli in foil and place in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.
Ham and cheese puff pastry stromboli recipe
Yields 1 large stromboli
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 18 slices ham
- 12 slices cheese (white American used here)
- Flour for dusting
- 1 egg, plus 1 tablespoon water, whisked (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly flour a clean, flat surface and roll out the puff pastry dough into a large rectangle.
- Starting at the bottom with ham, layer on your ham and cheese as shown in the picture. Once all the ham and cheese has been placed on the dough, roll dough up lengthwise to form the stromboli. Fold over the ends to seal.
- Brush egg wash on the ends and seam to secure the stromboli and keep it from opening while cooking.
- Place stromboli seam side down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush entire stromboli with egg wash. Bake in the oven 15 minutes. Allow stromboli to cool slightly before slicing. Serve with honey mustard or favorite dipping sauce on the side.