Strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing
Fresh sliced strawberries, avocado and fresh greens are combined with a sweet poppy seed dressing for a salad your whole family will love!
Salad and summer go hand in hand. This simple salad is perfect for a side dish and with the addition of grilled chicken could easily move into dinner territory.
Strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing recipe
Yields 4 salads
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In four bowls, add mixed baby greens and top with equal amount diced avocados and sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle with poppy seed dressing.
Poppy seed dressing recipe
Yields about 1-1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Dissolve sugar in a bowl with vinegar. Whisk in grated onion, olive oil and salt.
- Once combined, stir in poppy seeds.