When you switch up the flavors and ingredients for salads, the sky is the limit for great taste. This Gluten-free Friday salad proves it, along with its homemade dressing!
Just because a salad doesn’t have a lot of ingredients doesn’t mean it’s not big on flavor — or really good for you! This Gluten-free Friday recipe for spinach and white bean salad with creamy avocado dressing is a perfect example. The spinach and beans combine to pack a nutritious and filling punch, and the avocado and walnuts are a bonus! The flavors of the salad and dressing tie together nicely.
Spinach and white bean salad with creamy avocado dressing recipe
For the dressing
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and flesh scooped out of the skin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad
- 4 ounces baby spinach, washed and stems trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Add the dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate the dressing for at least 30 minutes before using.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the spinach, beans and walnuts.
- Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to the salad (more or less to taste), and toss so all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve on individual plates.
Toss together a healthy, tasty salad!