Amaretti pancakes with peaches and reduced Amaretto syrup
If you feel like being creative, these pancakes can truly impress anyone in the morning!
Wouldn't it be nice to wake up someone special with something distinctive on the table? Put your regular pancakes aside and prepare something different this time. These are easy to prepare and delicious to the last bite!
Amaretti pancakes with peaches and reduced Amaretto syrup recipe
Yields 4 pancakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup amaretti biscuit crumbs (grind in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soft butter (plus a knob for buttering the skillet)
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 can peaches, sliced into wedges
- Almond flakes (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, biscuit crumbs, cinnamon, salt, egg, milk and butter until smooth. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, combine water and sugar. When it boils, add the Amaretto liqueur. Simmer on low until it is reduced to half and becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- Over low heat in a medium skillet, melt a knob of butter so that the pancakes won't stick.
- Ladle some of the pancake batter on the skillet. When bubbles start to appear and the pancake starts to move easily on the skillet, flip and cook the other side. Repeat until the pancake batter is finished.
- Serve warm with peaches and reduced Amaretto syrup on top. Sprinkle with almond flakes. If you want to compose the pancakes like in the picture above, use a round cookie cutter or a small drinking glass to cut the pancakes. Alternate pancakes with wedges of peaches then pour the reduced Amaretto syrup on top.