Bite-sized brunch recipes for Mother's Day
Want to host a more upscale, luxurious brunch for your mom this Mother's Day? Skip the giant spreads and buffets and make a more mini and modern menu instead with these great recipe suggestions.
Serve these adorable and tasty morsels on fun antique silver trays or fancy plates for a brunch that screams the Hamptons. Pair each recipe with glasses of your favorite bubbly and don't forget to don your Sunday best!
Chocolate chip mini pancake stacks
Yields about 14 mini pancakes
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- About 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. Stir in buttermilk, light cream, eggs and butter. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
- Butter a griddle. Set on medium high and place about 1 tablespoon or so of batter onto the griddle. Once the tops of the pancakes start to bubble, flip until golden brown.
Mini strawberry shortcakes
Yields about 12 mini shortcakes
- 2-1/3 cups Bisquick
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 quart strawberries
- About 2 cups freshly whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the Bisquick, sugar and milk. Using a tablespoon, drop about 1-1/2 tablespoons dough onto the baking sheet about 1-inch apart from each other. Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Mini Mexican frittata shells
Serves about 8
- 8 puff pastry shells
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican blended cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pastry shells as directed on box and let cool. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the eggs, milk, olive oil, tomato, cheese, bell peppers, pepper and cilantro together.
- Fill each pastry shell about 3/4 full and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until eggs are set.