Get your grill fired up for this Meatless Monday meal! Grilled eggplant is easy to make in the great outdoors, and it tastes delightful when you add a flavorful glaze to it.
This Meatless Monday dish is terrific once the weather warms up. A few minutes on the grill and you have a wonderful meatless meal. This recipe for miso-glazed grilled eggplant includes Japanese-inspired flavors and is perfect served with added grilled veggies over a bed of rice. The glaze only takes a few minutes to prepare and not much more time is needed on the grill. This could become a favorite in your house!
Miso-glazed grilled eggplant recipe
- 1 small eggplant, ends cut, and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup miso
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Lay the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with the pepper. Lightly brush them with the olive oil and set them aside.
- Combine the miso, water, garlic, rice vinegar, mirin and hot sauce in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Grill the eggplant slices over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Flip the slices and brush the tops with the glaze. Cook, covered, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the slices again and cook, covered, for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm over a bed of rice.