Give your baby back ribs a Mexican flair. These mouthwatering sweet and spicy baby back ribs have a chipotle honey glaze!
These baby back ribs couldn’t be simpler! The trick to getting them fall-off-the-bone, fork-tender is keeping the temperature low and the cooking time slow!
Mexican-spiced baby back ribs with chipotle honey glaze recipe
Serving about 6
- 2 racks (about 3-1/2 to 4 pounds) baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, ground coffee, cocoa powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Cover the ribs on both sides with the spice rub and then wrap the ribs in aluminum foil so they’re completely enclosed and covered. Cook ribs for approximately 3 hours.
Whisk together chipotle in adobo and honey, adjust to taste. Brush glaze onto the ribs and place back into the oven, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove ribs from the oven, pour additional glaze over top if desired or serve glaze on the side. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.