Serve up a classic sandwich for Sunday dinner. This no-fuss, slow-cooked meal is great any time of year!
For Sunday dinner, sandwiches can be the perfect meal. Whether you’re settling in after a day outdoors, or you’re getting ready for a picnic, this recipe for barbecue pulled pork sandwiches is always a hit. Use a slow cooker to prepare this meal for a no-fuss favorite!
Barbecue pulled pork sandwiches recipe
- 1 (3 pound) pork shoulder
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 8-10 sandwich rolls
- Trim the fat from the pork shoulder. Place the pork in a slow cooker and add the chicken broth.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- After 4 hours of cooking in the slow cooker, remove the pork and use two forks to shred it apart.
- Add the shredded pork to a large baking pan. Add the barbecue sauce to the pork and mix well.
- Cook the shredded pork in the oven for about 40 minutes. Remove and allow the meat to cool slightly.
- Serve on sandwich buns.
Pull off a great dinner!