Meatless Monday: Couscous with dried fruit and nuts
Couscous is a versatile dish that's actually a type of pasta. It’s perfect for salads or side dishes and cooks up in just minutes!
For a Meatless Monday, create a great side dish with this recipe for couscous with dried fruit and nuts. For this dish we used dried cranberries and toasted pecans, but you can easily switch up things and use your favorites instead. You could even add spices like ground cinnamon to the mix for added flavor. This side dish cooks up in minutes and has a great texture whether you serve it warm or chilled.
Couscous with dried fruit and nuts recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter to boil.
- When the water boils, add the couscous, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- A minute or so before the couscous has finished cooking and the water is absorbed, add the dried cranberries to the mixture.
- Remove from the heat, add the toasted pecans, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Serve warm or chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
Couscous make a great side dish!