Mason jar drinks perfect for a BBQ
Warmer weather brings the cooking outside! Break away from ordinary soda and tea and serve one of these Mason jar-inspired drinks at your next outdoor barbeque.
Simple lemonade is perfect for an outdoor barbeque. Add the "party" for the adults by adding vodka.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups water (for the sugar syrup)
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare the sugar syrup by bringing 1-1/2 cups of water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine all ingredients and stir well. Serve over ice and garnish with mint and lemon slices.
Spiked peach tea
Adapted from Bobby Flay
Add peach nectar and your favorite whiskey to traditional tea for a "grown-up" outdoor drink that is quite appropriate in a Mason jar.
- 6 regular tea bags
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Your favorite whiskey
- Optional: fresh sliced peaches and mint sprigs for garnish
- Pour 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Add tea bags and bring to a boil. Just as water comes to a boil, remove from heat and cover to steep. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea into a pitcher with the sugar. Add remaining water and stir well to dissolve sugar. Add peach nectar to tea and stir well.
- Pour peach tea over ice in a Mason jar, leaving enough room for 1 shot of whiskey. Garnish with fresh peach slices and mint sprigs.
For a fruity addition to your next outdoor barbeque, consider this punch with orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice and club soda.
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part club soda
- 1/4 part lime juice
- Pour all ingredients in a pitcher and stir well to combine. Serve over ice and garnish with lime and a maraschino cherry.