Toasted spongecake with vanilla yogurt and fruit
Breakfast doesn't have to be boring when you are in a hurry. Just put together slices of toasted store-bought spongecake, fruit and yogurt for a healthy start to your day!
With time constraints in the morning, we almost never have the time to whip us something delicious and healthy in the middle of the rush. Here's a simple idea to put together something good, healthy and quick before you head off to start your day.
Toasted spongecake with vanilla yogurt and fruit recipe
- 4 slices plain spongecake
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Different kinds of fruit, sliced to bite sizes
- Toast the cake slices in a preheated oven at 390 degrees F for 12 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crunchy. For an easier option, you can also toast the cake slices in a toaster.
- Mix the yogurt, vanilla seeds and the icing sugar in a bowl.
- Prepare the plate by serving the toasted cake on one side, fruit on another side and the yogurt mixture on another.