3 Recipes for a Cinco de Mayo celebration
Cinco de Mayo wouldn't be complete without a festive menu, including nachos, guacamole and margaritas! Try these Mexican-inspired dishes for the most delicious fiesta yet.
Forget going out for Mexican food and make your own flavorful dishes right in your own kitchen. The spicy chorizo nachos are loaded with flavors and get a kick from the Mexican sausage (chorizo)! Dip your chips into the tropical guacamole and sip on the refreshing pineapple lime tequila cooler. You'll never regret cooking these fantastic recipes at home.
Spicy chorizo nachos recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 cup black beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup for later)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a large handful of tortilla chips on the baking sheet spreading them out. Spoon the cooked chorizo, salsa, red onions and the black beans over the chips. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with more tortilla chips. Repeat this until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Top with the reserved 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
Tropical guacamole recipe
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and seed removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Using a spoon scoop out the avocado from the skin and add it a large mixing bowl. Gently mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add in the remaining ingredients mixing very well. Cover and allow to chill for an hour to help the flavors blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping to your favorite Mexican dish.
Pineapple lime tequila coolers recipe
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple cubes
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/3 cup tequila
- Fresh lime wedges for garish
- Add all of the ingredients except for the lime wedges to a blender. Mix on high until the mixture is smooth and there are no chunks.
- Poor the drinks into 4 tall glasses. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.