This simple and easy recipe for huevos rancheros will not just look amazing, but it tastes that way! Sunny-side up eggs are served on top of warm tortillas and piled high with salsa, avocado and fresh herbs. What a great and flavorful way to start the day.
Let’s face it, sometimes eggs are just boring! In this recipe, we jazz them up by serving them on warm tortillas and topping them with black beans and adding some spice with salsa. You can literally use any type of salsa in this dish, so get creative! This doesn’t have to be just a breakfast meal. It makes a super-tasty dinner.
Easy huevos rancheros recipe
Inspired by foodnetwork
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup canned black beans, warmed
- 4 small 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to season
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, fry the eggs sunny-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- On a plate, add one of the warm tortillas and add one of the fried eggs. Top with the black beans and salsa. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and eggs.
- Garnish with fresh basil or cilantro , jalapeño peppers, sliced avocado and salt and pepper. Serve warm.