These simple and delicately flavored quick muffins will be a big hit at your Mother’s Day brunch. Sweet almond flavor and poppy seeds never tasted so good.
These sweet and simple muffins are perfect for your Mother’s Day brunch. They are moist, full of almond flavor and speckled with poppy seeds. Your mom is sure to love them.
Almond poppy seed muffins
Adapted from CopyKat Recipes
Yields 12 large muffins
- 2-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large muffin pan with 12 liners, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add butter, vegetable oil and sugar. Beat until blended. Add in eggs, vanilla paste, almond extract and Greek yogurt. Beat until combined, making sure to scrape down the side of the bowl once.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. The muffins are fully cooked when they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.