Tex-Mex chicken salad
Spice up your chicken salad by adding corn, red bell pepper and black beans. You will love all the added flavor.
Looking for a Tex Mex twist to your normal chicken salad? This salad is full of black beans, red bell peppers, sweet corn and smoky chipotle chili powder. This is one flavorful lunch!
Tex-Mex chicken salad recipe
Yields 4 sandwiches
- 1-1/2 pounds shredded cooked chicken (freshly shredded or from a can)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (you can use all chipotle chili powder if you like it spicy)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve cold on a roll or over lettuce.