Mini banana split bites
Classic banana splits have ice cream topped with pineapple, strawberry sauce and chocolate syrup (along with tons of calories!). These mini banana split bites have all the traditional flavors without the guilt.
How fun are these banana split bites? These are a great treat for small children or even those watching their weight since they are partitioned out and bite size. Don't like sprinkles? Not problem! Roll them in crushed peanuts or almonds or even coconut.
Mini banana split bites recipe
Inspired by fooddoodles
Serves 12, depending on size of bananas used
- 12 small wooden skewers
- 4 ripe bananas, cut into 1-inch sections
- 6 large strawberries, halved
- 1/2 small pineapple, chopped into 12 cubes
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1 bottle rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Using one of the wooden skewers, begin adding 1 piece each of a strawberry, a pineapple cube and a banana slice. Repeat with remain,ing skewers.
- Add the sprinkles to a small bowl. Gently dip half of each skewer into the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles allowing it to cool several minutes so that the chocolate hardens.
- Serve or keep chilled until ready to serve.