Artichoke dip bread
Instead of using your bread to dunk into your dip why not combine the two? This simple appetizer bread will have your family singing your praises!
There is nothing better than creamy artichoke dip. We have taken all that deliciousness and piled it high atop fresh Italian bread. This is one dip-slathered bread you won't want to stop eating! We promise!
Artichoke dip bread recipe
Yields 1 loaf of bread
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add artichoke hearts, shallots, garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Mix on low speed until smooth and combined. Set aside while you prepare the bread.
- Hollow out the center of each half of the Italian bread. Stuff each half with an equal amount of filling. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese onto each half.
- Cover bread loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the filling is hot. Remove the foil and let bake until the top of the cheese is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Let bread rest for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!