Pulled pork is perfect on its own but even better when piled high on a sweet potato. This dish is filling and flavorful!
These savory barbecue pulled pork stuffed sweet potatoes are easy to throw together and are the perfect choice for a quick lunch. This dish is also the perfect use for leftovers. Don’t worry if you don’t have any pulled pork leftovers sitting in your fridge. We give you the recipe for that too. Simply heat, top, and enjoy!
Pulled pork stuffed sweet potato recipe
Yields 2 stuffed potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups pulled pork, with or without barbecue sauce (find recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potatoes, prick the potato with a fork, put on oven rack and bake for about 45 minutes until soft. Depending on the size of the potato, it can take anywhere from 40-60 minutes.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked reheat pulled pork on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Cut cooked sweet potatoes down the center and stuff with warmed pulled pork.