Stuffed chicken with pesto and goat cheese
Dinnertime! Thinly sliced chicken breast wrapped up with goat cheese and homemade pesto. This is your new favorite flavor-packed dinner.
There is nothing better than a dinner that is packed with flavor. Your whole family is bound to love this dish. Thin slices of chicken cutlet stuffed with herbed goat cheese, wrapped in bacon and drizzled with pesto. This is no ordinary chicken dish!
Stuffed chicken with pesto and goat cheese recipe
Adapted from Pass the Sushi
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pesto (store-bought is fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay out 4 chicken cutlets. Divide goat cheese into 4 equal pieces and place one piece at the top of each cutlet.
- Roll up the cutlets and wrap one piece of bacon around each rolled cutlet. In order to keep the bacon in place, secure it with 1 or 2 toothpicks inserted at an angle.
- Using an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in rolled cutlets and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add pan directly to the oven and bake chicken for about 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Some of the goat cheese will start to melt out of the chicken, this is normal.
- Plate the chicken and add 1 tablespoon pesto overtop each piece of chicken.