Busy weeknights are not the time to wonder “what’s for dinner?” This delicious slow cooker barbecue chicken is just the answer. Full of flavor and easy to make!
After a long day at work you don’t want to come home and not know what to make for dinner. This simple slow cooker recipe will make your dinnertime rush easy and delicious! Plus the recipe can be easily doubled if you need to feed a crowd!
Slow cooker barbecue chicken recipe
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lay chicken across the bottom of a 6-quart oval slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and optional red pepper flakes. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is tender and cooked through.