Pepperoni pizza puffs
These little cheese and pepperoni muffins will be sure to be a big hit at your next party! Eat alone or dip in marinara... it's your choice!
Looking for a delicious appetizer that is full of pizza flavor? Look no further! This easy recipe will have you wowing your guests, and it takes almost no time to prepare. We added a little red pepper to give the puffs a zest of spiciness but feel free to leave it out if you have little ones.
Pepperoni pizza puff recipe
Adapted from Noble Pig
Yield 24 mini puffs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Sauteed onions, green bell pepper or olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 24 count mini-muffin tin with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir in milk and eggs until a batter has formed. Fold in cheese and pepperoni. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Once the batter has rested, give it a gentle stir and divide it equally between the 24 cups. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Serve alone or with marinara sauce.