Chinese chicken salad with spicy Asian dressing
Want an Oriental twist to your simple salad lunch. This flavor-packed salad is filled with spiced chicken, fresh greans, almonds and mandarin oranges. Lunch is not boring anymore!
Salad doesn't have to be a sad lunch option. This salad is flavorful and a breeze to throw together. Make it fresh by chopping all your own cabbage or simply buy a bag of cole slaw mix.
Chinese chicken salad with spicy Asian dressing recipe
Yields 4 salads
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, meat picked off
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots. Toss to combine.
- Divide (about 1 cup each) cabbage mixture into 4 different bowls. Top salads with chicken, mandarin oranges, black sesame seeds and chow mein noodles.
- To make dressing, simply whisk together rice wine vinegar, vegetable oil, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy.