Craving a cookie? Craving bread? Well, you're in luck. We have combined two classic recipes to create a perfect cookie quick bread. Sweet cinnamon snickerdoodles never tasted so good.
Not sure if you are craving a cookie or some delicious sweet bread? This simple dessert gives you all the taste of a snickerdoodle with the ease of a quick bread. It's full of cinnamon flavor and even has the addition of healthy white whole wheat flour. Your family will love this treat!
Snickerdoodle bread recipe
Yields 1 large loaf or 4 mini-loaves
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bag cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips but cinnamon flavored)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch bread pan or 4 miniature loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flours, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add in butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, mix in eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. You want to make sure everything gets evenly mixed together.
- Add in vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix for about a minute to make sure everything is blended together.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix on medium speed till the mixture in completely combined. Fold in cinnamon chips
- Add bread mixture to your prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes for a large pan and 50-60 minutes for the miniature pans.