Simple buttery brown sugar shortbread slathered with Nutella. This is the cookie you won’t be able to stop eating!
Have a cooking craving? Have a Nutella craving? We have you covered! This delicious sandy brown butter shortbread is topped with a big dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread. You won’t want to stop at just one!
Brown sugar shortbread topped with Nutella recipe
Yields 9 x 9-inch dish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch glass dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add butter, brown sugar and kosher salt. Cream together until fluffy.
- Slowly add in flour and mix on medium speed till the dough is clumpy. This will take a few minutes. At first the dough will look sandy but it will eventually come together and look moister.
- Evenly press dough into the parchment-lined pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until the shortbread is light brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares. Once completely cool top with Nutella.