Everyone loves that classic black and white sandwich cookie, but this homemade version with peanut butter and Nutella will have you hooked.
Homemade is better
Who could resist a cookie full of deliciously smooth Nutella? You’ll never buy packaged sandwich cookies again!
Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich cookie recipe
Yield depends on size of cookie scoop
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- About 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter and both sugars. Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix the flour mixture gradually into the peanut butter until just combined, then fold in the oats.
- With a small cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten each dough ball with a fork to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cookies are completely cooled, spread the bottom of half the cookies with a spoonful of Nutella, then top with the remaining cookies to form a sandwich.