This copycat Dole Whip will transport you to Disneyland
Craving the classic goodness of a pineapple whip? Now you don't have to travel to get the taste at home. Just a few simple ingredients and a blender is all it takes.
There is nothing more refreshing than a whipped pineapple frozen treat. This specialty frozen concoction is only found in a few places around the world. No one wants to travel for their dessert, so we are giving you the make-it-at home secret!
Copycat Dole Whip recipe
- 2 (20 ounce) cans shredded pineapple, reserve 1/3 cup juice from the can and drain the rest
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pineapple juice (optional)
- In a large high-powered blender or food processor, add shredded pineapple, reserved pineapple juice and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add to a large zip-closed bag and lay flat in the freezer. Let it freeze for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours until the mixture is slushy.
- Whip heavy whipping cream on high until soft peaks form. Add the pineapple slushy mixture to the whipped cream and gently fold to combine.
- Cover the bowl and freeze until solid, preferably overnight. You could also add this mixture to a ice cream maker if you own one. Simply follow your ice cream maker's directions.
- Scoop frozen ice cream into a bowl and enjoy. Top with additional pineapple juice to make a pineapple whip float.