Baked eggs with sweet potatoes and Gorgonzola
Looking for a way to jazz up your breakfast? What about taking sweet potatoes and Gorgonzola and baking them together with eggs! It's a fancy take on a hearty breakfast dish.
Just take a moment to stare at that picture. This breakfast is not only a thing of beauty, but it's also a delicious way to start your day. Perfectly cooked and roasted sweet potatoes are paired with baked eggs and a sprinkle of sharp Gorgonzola cheese. The best part is that even though it looks fancy it can be made in under 30 minutes!
Baked eggs with sweet potatoes and Gorgonzola recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Leave the rack in the middle of the oven. If you have a broiler that is inside your oven (this is usually standard on an electric oven) then you can also turn the broiler onto high instead of preheating the oven.
- Add olive oil to a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add in potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir the potatoes and let them cook on the stove till they are soft but not falling apart, about 20 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and crack eggs overtop of the potatoes. Leaving them whole. If you are worried about cracking the yolk (or egg shells) simply crack the egg into a small bowl and then gently pour the egg from the bowl over the potatoes.
- Put the pan in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until the egg is just about cooked. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and return to the oven for 2 minutes to soften the cheese. Serve immediately.