One pot cooking is always a big hit. This simple dish combines chicken, lemon, garlic, potatoes and mushrooms all baked in one dish. This is a perfect weeknight dinner!
A beautiful chicken dish doesn’t have to be saved just for the weekends. This simple dish can easily be thrown together for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner. Tender baby red potatoes, fresh lemons and garlic all combine with fresh chicken to create a flavorful family feast.
Garlic lemon chicken bake recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, one thinly sliced, one juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Lay out pieces of thinly sliced lemon on top of the oil.
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add in potatoes and give a gently toss. Spoon potatoes on top of the lemon slices.
- Add chicken to the bowl of the remaining lemon/olive oil mixture and coat. Place on top of potatoes.
- Roast for about 50 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are soft.