3 Meals in 30 minutes or less
Let's face it — we are all busy, especially us moms! Here are three great family meal ideas ready in under 30 minutes: Baked ravioli casserole, Singapore noodle bowls and quick barbecue chicken naan pizza.
Who has time to stress about dinner? Not us! That's why we are sharing these three wonderful meals that are on the table in no more than 30 minutes. Using premade ingredients can help save time, and just because it's premade does not mean it's unhealthy. Try to find good-quality ingredients that have already been prepped by your grocer.
Easy baked ravioli casserole recipe
- 1 (24-28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen ravioli
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Boil ravioli according to the directions on the package. Reserve.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, add 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce and spread evenly over the bottom. Layer the ravioli and add remaining pasta sauce. Optional: If you like your pasta dishes a bit more saucy, add in an additional half cup of pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
If you want to skip the step of pre-boiling the pasta, simply follow the directions, but use the frozen ravioli. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the raviolis are cooked completely.
Easy barbecue chicken naan pizza recipe
Yields 4 pizzas
- 4 slices naan-style bread (or other plain flatbread)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese or mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: diced red onion and fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce onto each of the slices of bread and spread evenly over the tops. Divide the cheese and the diced chicken among the pizzas and finally top with the red onion and cilantro if using.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Garnish with fresh cilantro, red onions and serve.
Easy Singapore noodle bowls recipe
- 8 ounce package udon noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups assorted fresh or frozen vegetables, chopped (like broccoli, onions and bell peppers)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil and the vegetables. Cook the vegetables for 2-3 minutes just until softened (if using frozen vegetables you may need to cook the vegetables longer). Add in the curry powder, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and garlic powder, stirring well.
- Add the cooked udon noodles to the pan and lightly toss mixing the vegetables and noodles. Add the noodles to bowls and serve warm.
Don't have udon noodles? No problem! Use any type of noodles or pasta you have on hand. Thin spaghetti is a great substitute for the udon noodles.