A spicy kick of chipotle with cool cilantro and avocado give a Mexican flair to a standard egg salad. Serve it in a slider bun for a fun twist!
Egg salad is pretty standard on Easter afternoon, after all the eggs have been found (we hope!), and we’re all left with a giant bowl of hard-boiled eggs. Serve it up on a slider bun with a smoky, spicy, kick of chipotle, and it’s brand new. It’s no longer reminiscent of your Grandma’s egg salad!
Chipotle egg salad sliders
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo (or 1/2 of a large pepper)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 12 slider buns (or dinner rolls), split
- Mince the chipotle pepper until it’s almost a paste-like consistency. Using the smallest amount of pepper will allow you to increase the heat later. It’s much more difficult to reduce the heat if it’s too high.
- In a bowl whisk together the chipotle pepper, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the chopped eggs (at this point, you can sample to egg salad to see if the heat level is where you want it, adding adobo sauce to increase the heat, if desired).
- Spoon the egg salad into the slider buns, top with a slice of avocado. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.