A great option for a crowd-pleasing breakfast! It’s gluten-free and vegetarian with a delicious potato crust!
Quiche with hash brown crust recipe
- 3 cups grated potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place grated potatoes between paper towels to remove as much moisture as you can.
- Add potatoes to a 9-inch pie pan, add melted butter and mix until combined. Press into shape, covering the bottom and the sides of the pie pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes have started to brown.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt , pepper and Parmesan. Stir in the green onions, tomatoes and peppers.
- Once the crust has browned, pour in the egg mixture and return to oven. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until the center has set, about 20 to 25 minutes.
You can use pre-shredded frozen potatoes, just make sure they are thawed and drained. If you want to use fresh potatoes, this recipe needs one to two large russet potatoes.